Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Greater You!!!

Its been quite sometime since I last posted...and I would blame nothing but my laziness for such dismal perfomance as far as posting blogs is concerned...
The fact is that I have had so much to write about...I couldnt figure out what to write and what not to...and finally I am going to come up with a very short one on PHILOSOPHY...yes!! You heard it right...Philosophy!!! So all those who are still going to continue reading...brace youself...
Actually I came across this thought when I was watching an interview of a very eminent personality in India...commenting on Paris Hilton...comparing it with his stint behind the bars for a hit-and-run case...

He said," there is such a lot of hue and cry about Paris being alone...but here...there is a difference...the difference in between being 'lonely' and being 'alone'...because being lonely is a pain in the a$$...but by being alone...you are the with the best person you can be with...Yourself..."

Great food for thought...When was the last time you did something for yourself??? Now I know you might come up with something or the other...but I am also sure that it involved someone else also...So think of something you did...and if you havnt...think of something you want to do...

But on the flip-side...what I feel is...whatever you do...even if it is for others ( if ever you did anything for them)...is also a part of something you did for yourself...I mean when I think in retrospect...whether it be shopping for your brother (even when you are on the brink of being broke), going out for dinner with cousin (inspite of already having had a three course meal) or having a chat with a friend in distress all night long (even when you are sleepy as hell...)...You are not doing something for them...You are doing something for your very own self...'coz noone forced you to do it...You did it...'coz you care...'coz they are as much a part of the Greater You...as You yourslf are!!

P.S. I know that you guys gonna think that I have gone insane...but don't worry I will be back to my eccentric self pretty soon... :-)

No comments: